The importance of Father’s Day
Father’s Day was first celebrated in 1910 when women’s clubs in West Virginia and Pennsylvania began hosting special events to honor fathers. The idea quickly caught on, and the day soon became a holiday in many parts of the country. The date of Father’s Day varies each year, falling on the third Sunday of June in most years. It is a day to celebrate fathers and all they do. This special day can be a chance to show dad how much you appreciate him and how special he is to you. It can be a great way to let your dad know he has been a wonderful role model for you and that you appreciate everything he has done for you in your life.
Types of gifts dads appreciate
Personalized gifts: There’s nothing more special than a gift that’s tailored to your dad’s specific interests and personality. Personalized gifts are always a great choice for Father’s Day, and there are lots of options to choose from. Kids can personalize a mug, pillowcase, or t-shirt with their own artwork or a special message. Some gift sites also offer personalized phone cases and laptop sleeves. Kids and adults can design personalized pillows and blankets, or choose a ready-made design. You can also create a custom puzzle or photo pillow, or order a custom photo blanket. Kids can also personalize photo books and albums, puzzles, or photo frames.
Gift ideas for outdoorsy dads
- Adventure-worthy watches: A watch is a great gift for any dad, but outdoor watches are built for adventure. Choose a rugged watch that can withstand the elements and show off your dad’s adventurous side.
- Backpack: For the explorer who likes to take it slow, a backpack is the perfect companion for a day hike or toting his gear on a longer journey. Choose a classic design that will last for years to come and be a constant reminder of your thoughtful gift.
- Binoculars: For the dad who loves nature and is always trying to spot the birds and squirrels in his yard, a pair of high-quality binoculars will help him see even more. Choose binoculars with added features to make them easy to use.
- Camping gear: For the dad who loves to get away and explore the great outdoors, a gift basket full of camping gear will make his day. Choose a gift basket that has everything he needs to set up camp, including a tent and sleeping bag.
- Fire starter: For the dad who loves to explore but is always worried about starting a fire, a fire starter will make his exploration adventures a lot easier. Choose a fire starter that’s easy to use and will last for a long time.
- Hiking boots: For the dad who loves to hike but doesn’t want to wear sneakers all the time, a pair of hiking boots will make his exploration adventures a lot easier. Choose a pair of boots with support and that are waterproof.
- Parachute hammock: For the dad who loves to relax outdoors, a parachute hammock will be the perfect gift. Choose a hammock that’s easy to set up and will last for a long time without wearing out.
- Waterproof backpack: For the dad who loves to hike or take long walks with his dog, a waterproof backpack will keep his gear safe. Choose a backpack that’s easy to carry and has pockets to store everything he needs.
Gift ideas for tech-savvy dads
- Action Camera: For the dad who loves to explore and document his adventures, an action camera will make his next trip even more fun. Choose a camera with HD video and a waterproof design so he can use it anywhere.
- Earbuds: For the dad who loves to listen to music while he’s working or exercising, a pair of earbuds will make his day. Choose noise-canceling earbuds that will help him focus on what he’s doing and block out distractions.
- Headphones: For the dad who loves to listen to music and podcasts, a pair of headphones will make his day. Choose headphones that are comfortable to wear and have noise-cancelling features to let him focus on what he’s doing.
- Portable charger: For the dad who’s always on his phone, a portable charger will make his day. Choose a charger that’s easy to plug into his device and holds a lot of power.
- Smartwatch: For the dad who loves to explore new technology, a smartwatch will make his day. Choose a smartwatch that works with his phone and has features he will love, such as GPS tracking.
- Virtual reality headset: For the tech-savvy dad who loves to explore new worlds, a virtual reality headset will make his day. Choose a headset that’s comfortable to wear and easy to set up.
- Wireless headphones: For the dad who loves to listen to music and podcasts, a pair of wireless headphones will make his day.
Entertaining Gift ideas
- Bar cart: For the dad who loves to entertain, a bar cart will make his house feel like a fancy restaurant. Choose a bar cart that matches his kitchen and fits in his house.
- Bar tools: For the dad who loves to entertain and make fancy cocktails, a set of bar tools will make his drinks even better. Choose a set of bar tools that are easy to use and can be used with other bar tools.
- Coffee maker: For the dad who loves coffee and loves to start his day with a cup, a coffee maker will make his day. Choose a coffee maker that has the features he wants, such as a programmable timer.