What is an experience gift?
An experience gift is a present that gives the recipient the chance to do something new or exciting. The experience could be something that they have always wanted to try or a way to spend time with loved ones. You can give an experience gift any time of the year, but it is especially popular around holidays and birthdays. There are many types of experience gifts to choose from, including adventure gifts, spa gifts, meal gifts, and travel gifts.
Benefits of experience gifts
- Experience gifts allow your dad to choose something that he truly wants. There’s nothing worse than receiving a gift you don’t like or won’t use. With an experience gift, you know that your dad will appreciate and use it.
- Experience gifts are great for dads who are hard to shop for. If your dad is someone who’s super hard to shop for, an experience gift will be the perfect gift. There are so many different types of experience gifts to choose from, which means you have plenty of options.
- Experience gifts are perfect for large groups. For special occasions like birthdays and Father’s Day, it can be difficult to come up with fun ways to celebrate as a large group. With experience gifts, you can all celebrate together while doing something everyone will enjoy.
Types of experience gifts
- Adventure gifts: Adventure gifts give your dad a chance to try something new and exciting. Some adventure gifts include skydiving, rock climbing, skiiing, and more.
- Spa gifts: Spa gifts are perfect for dads who love to relax. Spa gifts include spa services, like massages and facials, as well as spa products, like scented candles. - Meal gifts: Meal gifts give your dad a chance to try something new and indulge in his favorite foods. Some meal gifts include tickets to a culinary event or a cooking class.
- Travel gifts: Travel gifts are perfect for dads who love to travel but don’t get to do it as often as they’d like. Travel gifts include tickets to a sporting event, flights, and hotel stays.
How to choose the right experience gift
- Determine your dad’s interests. When you know what your dad is interested in, it will be much easier to find the perfect gift.
- Consider your dad’s age. If your dad is elderly, you’ll want to choose a gift that will be safe for him. For example, if your dad likes fishing, you might want to choose a gift that’s done indoors.
- Think about your dad’s health. If your dad is elderly or has a medical condition, you’ll want to choose a gift that won’t be too strenuous for him.
- Consider your dad’s personality. Not only will this make it easier to choose a gift, but it will also give you the chance to be creative. For example, if your dad is a music lover, you could get tickets to an upcoming concert.
Tips for giving an experience gift
- Make sure the gift is safe. If you’re giving an adventure gift, make sure it’s safe. Adventure gifts that involve sports or other physical activities can be very dangerous if they aren’t done right.
- Consider the cost of the gift. There’s nothing wrong with giving a more expensive gift, but you should be prepared for the cost. Many experience gifts cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, so make sure you have the budget to cover it.
- Plan the gift in advance. Experience gifts are typically scheduled in advance, so you’ll want to make sure you give your dad enough time to use the gift.
- Follow up with your dad after the gift. After your dad uses his gift, follow up with him to make sure he enjoyed it. This is a great way to show him how much you appreciate him.
Pros and cons of giving experience gifts
- Pros - Experience gifts are unique and memorable. There are many different types of experience gifts to choose from, so you’re sure to find something for any dad.
- Cons - Experience gifts are more expensive than traditional gifts. You’ll want to make sure you have enough money saved to cover the cost of the gift.
Creative ways to present an experience gift
- Create a gift basket. If you’re giving an experience gift that involves a trip, like a weekend getaway, you can create a gift basket. Place the gift card for the trip inside a gift basket. This is a great way to disguise the gift card while also making it more fun and creative.
- Wrap the gift card. If you’re giving an experience gift that doesn’t involve a trip, like a cooking class or tickets to a sporting event, you can wrap the gift card. This is a great way to make the gift more fun and creative.
Ideas for making the experience gift memorable
- Get together with the family. If you’re giving an experience gift that involves a trip, like tickets to a sporting event, invite your dad’s family over for the big day. This is a great way to celebrate with everyone.
- Throw a party. If you’re giving an experience gift that doesn’t involve a trip, like tickets to a culinary event or a cooking class, you can throw a party. This is a great way to celebrate with family and friends.